Were you hoping to become a soccer referee but missed out on the licensing courses over the summer?
Perhaps someone in your household has turned 13 since that time and wants to become a referee?
Or maybe you just want to give back to the game and help address the national, statewide and local referee shortage?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you are in luck: there are additional Grassroots Referee courses being offered in our area this December!
- The Grassroots first-year referee course is a combination of independent online learning and live instruction (either in person or online).
- The total instruction time is estimated at 12 hours: the independent learning content can be completed at your own pace, with the final four hours being the live session. Click here for per game pay for referees in MAYSA leagues. Plus, MAYSA offers a $50 bonus after you've refereed 5 MAYSA League games!
- The total cost of the course is $70-100, depending on the referee's age. However, successful candidates who complete all requirements by Dec. 31, 2022, will receive a full reimbursement of their registration fee from the Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association, plus a 10-piece referee uniform starter kit.
- UPCOMING COURSES
- Dec. 3: 8 a.m.–noon, classroom/on field in Milwaukee
- Dec. 11: 8 a.m.–noon, classroom/on field in Madison
- Dec. 17: 8 a.m.–noon, virtual
Get all the information, including step-by-step instructions, on our Referees page — https://www.maysa.org/referee-courses